Monday, November 7, 2011

My shiny new blog, with my very first post.

What you can expect from me: Lots of venting, some consider this bitching or whining, I consider it my therapy. I may be emotional (cue EMO music.) This is a journal/blog I am keeping for myself and so it will be written from a self centered self serving view. Most of my life is spent worrying about everyone else. This is my place to sort me out. I make no apologies for this.

I'm choosing to be public with my story for a few reasons. I have read several personal journeys and stories dealing with leaving Mormonism and they have all helped me in different ways. I feel the need to tell my story, even if nobody hears it. Feeling silenced has been a painful part of my experience within the Mormon church.

This all happened to me. This is who I am. At 35 I lost my mind and I lost my faith. This is the real me.

If you should stumble upon this and think you might know me please understand this isn't for you to read and I doubt it will do much more then cause further hurt. Read if you must but know I am doing this anonymously for only one reason and that is for you. I will not respond to emails or comments I do not feel are productive. I don't expect everyone to understand me. And that is okay.

4 comments:

  1. There are many of us on this journey so you're not alone. We all help each other get through it by sharing our stories. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing it anonymously is a great idea! I wish I had done that. There were so many things I couldn't say because I had my name to it and my family/friends were all reading it.

    Looking forward to following your journey xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I love your very first post. I think this is what I have tried to say on a few different occasions... my blog started out as anonymous, but my family all reads it now... But they are all very aware that it is my journal/venting/processing place, and if they don't want to know what I think, they don't have to read it... However I will NOT censor myself on my blog. I have done it way too much in the real world.

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. About these words that you've written:

    "I feel the need to tell my story, even if nobody hears it. Feeling silenced has been a painful part of my experience"............

    Amen! I've also been working on a second, more personal blog off-line, that deals with an issue that I've been wrestling in silence with for ages. However, unlike you, I haven't had the guts to go public with it.

    I think you're doing the right thing. I admire your courage.

    Peace and love,
    Denver

    ReplyDelete